Monday, February 10, 2014

Mystery Artifact - Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful!

How many single-digit high temperatures have we had so far this winter?  Have you lost track, too?  The more recent mild winters seem to have thinned my blood a bit.  This winter wouldn't have seemed that unusual twenty or thirty years ago (although I remember only a single school day that was cancelled for cold weather because my rural school district could only get one or two buses to start that morning)!

This mystery artifact came to mind today because of the chilly weather, but that is the one and only clue I'm willing to give!


It is made of silver, with a threaded lid and chain (I'm assuming the safety pin was attached when we took possession of the object).  The sides are punctated (punched with holes) and the front and back have a scrolling floral design. 



What do you think this artifact might be?  Take your best guess in the comments section below or on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Fueled Hand Warmer?
    I used to have something that kind of looked like this when I was a Boy Scout that you put inside a cloth bag closed with a draw string.

    ReplyDelete